Using this best AI note taker create an easy path toward giving any learning experience your undivided attention.
You can wholly contribute to lessons and meetings and get as absorbed as you want without so much tedious writing.
You’ll probably be surprised by just how much note-taking can affect your workday (in a positive way, of course). On the surface, AI tools appear to transcribe words into notes simply.
But they also erase the potential for human error, providing searchable time-stamped transcripts, transforming ideas into trackable tasks, and making lessons available in numerous languages.
There are tendencies to forget up to 40% of the new information we learn after 24 hours. But we can retain up to 100% of our memory with a simple AI note-taking tool.
But AI note-takers, in the form of software, can change all that by providing valuable context in both written and visual formats for creating better productivity at work, making them more valuable for everyone involved. AI in the workplace is becoming a great deal, and it's going to change the way we work.
Without further ado, let’s dive into the best AI note taker that will help you to be more productive at meetings or lectures.
What is AI Note Taker?
Artificial intelligence-powered note-takers are AI assistant software that joins your meetings to record audio, video, transcribe conversations and make summaries out of what you discussed.
The goal of using this AI note takers is to support human note-takers. AI note-takers never blink, drink water or step out for a few minutes to go to the bathroom.
Companies that deploy AI notetakers in their operations are seeing significant improvements in customer satisfaction, employee performance, and operational efficiency.
The AI note taker is designed to improve business processes by freeing up precious time for people to focus on the more creative and challenging aspects of their jobs.
By using an AI notetaker, it is possible to go beyond call recording and capture key insights into how teams work together, how they communicate, and what they are concerned about.
Why would someone use an AI note-taker?
A good notetaker will remove the burden of taking notes, unlock the knowledge trapped in meeting recordings, provide useful insights, and generate actionable alerts.
If you are a business owner or executive, AI note taking app will help you to captures the audio and video of the meeting, making a recording that can be reviewed and replayed in the future.
This recording is also analyzed with a variety of tools to summarize and extract insights, including transcription, summarization, computer vision, and natural language processing.
Companies that deploy AI note takers in their operations are seeing significant improvements in customer satisfaction, employee focus, cognitive load, and operational efficiency.
By using an AI notetaker, support staff is able to better re-engage with customers that have talked to the company previously or interacted with another employee.
AI note-takers are also highly beneficial for remote and/or asynchronous teams. It helps everyone keep in touch with the priorities and agreements even when they can’t join a team meeting.
Best AI Note Taker for Effective Meeting and Productivity
One of the best note takers out there is Fireflies.ai. Fireflies captures video and audio, and generates transcripts in minutes. You can integrate Fireflies with apps like Google Meet, Zoom, Teams Webex, Ringcentral, Aircall and other platforms.
Fireflies.ai is an “AI assistant for your meetings.” It allows you to record, transcribe, add comments for your teammates and skim transcriptions.
Fireflies.ai helps your team record, transcribe, search, and analyze voice conversations.
Fireflies provide automatic transcription of live meetings and uploaded audio files in minutes. It’s a smart AI-backed meeting assistant and central platform for post-meeting collaborations, too.
Fireflies is very easy to use and can help reduce workload. Most first-time users can easily navigate their way through the app. But there is still a bit of a learning curve that comes with using Fireflies.
Some of the features of Fireflies include:
- Transcribe meetings across several video-conferencing apps, dialers, and audio files.
- Easy invite Fireflies.ai Notetaker to meetings on your calendar.
- Fireflies captures video + audio, and generates transcripts in minutes.
- Integrates with apps like Google Meet, Zoom, Teams Webex, Ringcentral, Aircall and other platforms.
- Records and transcribes your online and in-person meetings so that you can focus on your conversations.
- Help teams achieve productive post-meeting collaborations.
- Has a powerful, time-saving feature called Smart Search Filters
- Easily get a transcript from old recordings
- A detailed and efficient dashboard overview
- Share meeting notes automatically with others
- High-quality audio
- Setup can be confusing
- Relatively new software which needs more testing
- It sometimes skip everything that it doesn’t understand
- Some options are not intuitive
- Glitchy editing feature
Fireflies.ai comes with a free version that gives you limited access to some of its features and 800 minutes of team storage. Paid versions start at $10 – $19 per user per month with 8,000 minutes of storage to unlimited minutes of storage.
Hyperia is an AI meeting assistant that automatically joins and captures your calls and meetings, creating searchable transcripts and meeting minutes. It transcribes text, records meetings, and tags action words.
Hyperia's automatic note taker enables you to easily share summaries, action items, and more with your team. It also adds a timestamp to the summary which makes it easy to click on and listen to that part of the conversation.
This AI note taker app allows its users to take notes of what happens in the meeting by recording audio or video (can be done with an external device). You can then export notes in any format, including PDF, Word Document, JPG, and so on.
Hyperia.net could also be a great option for business meetings because it has templates that you can load depending on the type of meeting. Users can share their documents through email, print them or even post them on websites.
- Extensive free version
- Hyperia’s note-taker enables you to easily share summaries, action items, and more with your team
- Ease of sharing
- Speakers remapping
- This app tags different sentences based on tone which makes it easier to filter
- You can add comments to the text
- Paid plans are far more expensive compared to other products
- Name mix-ups
- Copy/paste option comes with a time-stamp and speakers.
The free versions offer up to 1,800 minutes of transcriptions, then, plans go up to $300 – $1250/month.
Otter is also one of the top AI note-takers for meetings. It was developed by two AI engineers whose names are Sam Liang, Yun Fu. Otter.ai uses artificial intelligence to empower users with real-time transcription meeting notes that are shareable, searchable, accessible and secure.
Otter makes conversations more valuable. It’s the leading meeting transcription and collaboration tool that helps teams automatically capture and summarize conversations from every meeting, making it easy to recall and collaborate on the key takeaways.
Otter integrates with leading video conference tools including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet to automatically capture meeting notes. Otter also allows users to import and transcribe pre-recorded audio and video files.
Otter records meetings, takes notes in real time, and generates an automated summary to share with everyone and to help you remember everything. You can easily edit, annotate and share the notes.
Otter has your back – empowering you with real time, accurate notes that are stored in one central, secure, and searchable place so you and your team can be more engaged, collaborative, and productive.
Otter's transcription AI technology is built to get smarter and better understand your conversations over time – applying speaker identification, custom vocabulary, and advanced summary so you can work and collaborate smarter.
This software transcribes audio into text and adds tags through AI so you can filter topics easily. Even though the transcription service is fairly accurate although it working very well for the average conversation – and the AI continues to learn and improve over time.
Otter.ai uses both Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning to record meetings. It can identify speakers with 95 per cent accuracy, transcribe their speech with 93 per cent accuracy, and is also able to recognize the emotions of the speaker.
- Generous free plan
- Supports major video conferencing platforms
- Modern, easy-to-use mobile apps
- Excellent transcription editing and collaborative tools
- Uses Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning to record meetings
- Export options to transport podcast/videos into blog posts or recycled content
- Provides accurate spacing in the transcript where there are pauses in the recording.
- Poor accuracy score for complex audio test
- Below-average accuracy score for simple audio test
- Real-time transcription struggles to keep up with natural speech
- No multifactor authentication for individual accounts
- No option of creating SRT files for subtitling videos
- The free plan so we are limited to only three uploads
Otter.ai has a free option that offers 600 min of recordings. The premium plans start at $8.33 per month for individuals and $20 per user per month for businesses. The company also offers tailored quotes for enterprise-level companies.
Helpful Suggestion: AI In Media: Its Growth, Trend And Application
4. Notes by Dubber
Notes by Dubber helps teams to be more focused and productive in calls and meetings. This AI Note taker automatically generates transcripts, action items and rich summaries, so you and your team can concentrate on the task at hand.
The Notes by Dubber was formerly known as Notiv. It allow you to record & transcribe your meetings with notes by dubber. With Notes, you can use live transcription to capture phone or video-conference meetings, turn them into executive summaries, mark action items and share key moments with colleagues.
After the meeting, you’ll get your audio transcript with action items marked and an executive summary for those who just need to view the highlights. You can also search the transcript, summarize decisions & actions, and share to collaborate after the meeting.
Notes by Dubber export transcripts and/or audio. Plus, you have the ability to send actions, notes, recordings and more to popular project management such as Asana, Jira, and Slack.
Notes by Dubber will help you:
- Capture your meetings and conversations, be it online, in person or via the telephone.
- Transcribe and summarise your meeting into an executive summary in minutes not hours
- Review and assign decisions, follow-up tasks and action items, and
- Share and collaborate with other team members, clients or anyone else!
During your meeting, you can trigger automatic Notes in Dubber can choose to type manual notes or let Dubber Notes take notes for you. AI-enriched technology that creates actions and tasks automatically for all attendees with speaker IDs enabling all attendees to keep engaged.
- Search the transcript
- This AI note-taker transcribes audio in real-time.
- Capture calls and meetings on your favourite platforms, share notes, transcripts, and recordings via your CRM & collaboration tools.
- Easy sync with Google calendar to join and record meetings automatically
- The interface can be misleading.
- Multilingual transcription is not great
- No free trial with the paid features
The free version supports 300 minutes of recordings and meetings under 30 minutes in length. The paid plans start at $19 – $39/month per user per month.
Colibri.ai is an AI-driven meeting note-taking assistant that aims to make meetings more productive, collaborative and streamlined. Colibri.ai records your calls, transcribes them as you speak, and generates concise searchable meeting notes that can be easily shared with teammates.
Colibri automatically records your calls, so you don’t need to take notes during meetings. Works great with Zoom and other web-conferencing platforms. The automatic transcription is pretty good.
The interface is clear and simple. It generate concise, searchable meeting notes that can be easily shared with teammates.
Colibri converts speech to text in real time and presents live transcription next to your meeting video. The live notes include speaker labels, so you’ll see not only what’s being said, but also who’s saying it.
The app also allows you to review your prior calls right within the Zoom interface. For example, you can review highlights from previous meetings with a customer to refresh your memory about what has been discussed and decided, and prepare for the next call.
You can also quickly find critical information from past meetings with full text search and share it with team members who couldn’t make the meeting — all without leaving Zoom.
The Colibri app syncs with the user's video-conferencing program, records online conferences, transcripts them in real time, and creates brief, searchable meeting notes that are simple to distribute to coworkers.
- Automatic transcription is pretty good
- Interface is clear and simple
- Ease of upload of text and audio files are very helpful
- Simultaneous transcriptions for great workflow
- Allows you to turn transcription on/off from the app interface
- Provides closed captions of the meeting as you speak
- Not a mobile-friendly version
- Cannot categorize meeting recordings into folders
- Customer service wasn't great
- Multiple speakers make accuracy more unreliable
- Transcription is not 100% accurate
The free version supports 5 hours of transcription/month and 40 min – max recording length. The paid plans start at $16 – $ 40/month per user per month.
Avoma is an end-to-end AI Meeting assistant, collaboration and intelligence platform for sales and customer success teams. AI Meeting Assistant automatically transcribes, summarizes, and analyzes every meeting to provide actionable Conversation Intelligence.
Avoma helps to increase close rates, shorten sales cycle, attain quota targets and reduce customer and revenue churn. It allows you to get transcript and AI notes to focus on conversations.
Avoma analyzes sales and customer conversations at scale, gets AI-generated notes for key topics, captures important notes using transcript highlights, and saves these notes automatically to CRM records.
It shares the voice of the customer with recordings, snippets, and augmented notes to collaborate instantly instead of typing everything manually. It enables sales teams to save time banishing repetitive tasks and eliminating the need for multiple administrative tools.
It boost team productivity, increase peer coaching and knowledge sharing, and ultimately close more deals and delight customers.
Avoma features includes:
- It builds automatic recordings transcripts
- Speakers and topics identification
- Automatically send email reminders to participants
- Generate more qualified leads
- Drive customer testimonials
- Reviews, and more
- Easy to find all the meetings and quickly jump around the conversations
- ‘Snippet’ feature to capture a small segment of the conversation to share with others
- Records meetings and automatically make notes with timestamps
- Easy to use and set up
- Ability to create and share agendas
- Ability track action items
- Integrate with other productivity tools.
- It's hard for the software to allocate the text over specific templates
- Not 100 per cent accurate
- The user interface is somewhat confusing
- Scripting of a call or a meeting can take up to 30 minutes
- Navigation on the web version could be a little cleaner too
Avoma has a free option that offers Unlimited Scheduling. The premium plans start at $17 per month for starter and $35 per user per month for Avoma plus.
What to Look For In An AI Note Taker
The AI note taker make use of many technologies, including speech transcription/voice AI, computer vision, natural language processing, and robotic process automation.
A good AI note taker must be capability to connect to a person's calendar by integrating with AI calendar apps, understanding the meaning of a meeting, joining the meeting, recording it, transcribing it, summarizing it, and analyzing it.
For it to extract all the important talk from a recorded call or meeting involves many steps, which might include transcribing any speech, understanding how many people are speaking, and who is speaking when, looking at the screen to understand any shared content (presentation slides, shared screens, etc).
A transcript must be well analyzed to understand the topics being discussed, identify any key events, and summarize what happened in the meeting.
This information is then presented to the user in a various number of ways, including a detailed report, an easily searchable knowledge base, or by providing recommended actions.
To accomplish these goals, these systems frequently use a wide variety of machine learning modules.
Numerous AI components may be required for speech processing, language analysis, and computer vision, all of which must be seamlessly integrated into a single system.
Calls and meetings present a variety of difficult situations for an AI system, such as numerous individuals speaking at once quickly, a fast-paced back and forth conversation flow, background noise, accents, poor audio quality, acronyms and other jargon, etc.
To produce high-quality call analysis findings, good AI note takers must use the most recent neural network techniques, specially trained AI engines, and highly large-scale training datasets and infrastructure.
Other significant features of note-taking software include dialogue indexing, search and discovery capabilities, rules and alerting, anomaly detection, data visualization, and many others.
Helpful Content: Best AI Email Assistant Tools to 10x Your Productivity
Wrapping Up On The Best AI Note Taker for Effective Meeting and Productivity
A good AI note taker makes it a way to way to improve efficiency and productivity at work, in class or at home.
This AI note taking software will take meetings to the next level by automatically making notes, agendas, and setting reminders.
A good notetaker will remove the burden of taking notes, unlock the knowledge trapped in meeting recordings, provide useful insights, and generate actionable alerts.
This AI note takers are great to help improve your workplace experience. So these AI-powered note-takers will help you in your meetings to record audio, video and make summaries out of what you discussed.